It’s true that chest is your favourite part and most frequently trained muscle by most of you, but it’s also the one that people having trouble developing it. The number one reason that Monday is said to be the international chest day, because most of the men feels defining their chest will helps them look more attractive.
Before increasing your chest size, and developing an attractive chest, we need to define clearly everything about chest.
So, let’s get started.
Anatomy of Chest
Some people thought we only have two areas of chest. Whereas the reality is, we have three areas of chest. Yes, you read it correct. Our chest is divided into three parts: upper chest, middle chest, and the lower chest.
If you perform incline bench press for upper chest, decline bench press for lower chest, and the flat bench for middle chest, then my dear friend you are so close to increasing your chest size fast. Let’s now consider some common mistakes when it comes to building a bigger chest.
Mistakes in Building Bigger Chest
1. Lack of Blood Flow
When we train hard in the gym, we break our muscle fibres, and you should know that during training our muscles require more blood, which means more oxygen and more nutrients. One of the reasons why you are not able to gain size is the lack of nutrients in your muscles or you can say that lack of blood flow in your muscles.
Now the question is how to keep blood flowing in your muscles?
The answer is simple, do proper warm up before hitting your best weight. Warm helps body to let the blood in muscles. Another best way to let the nutrients in body is to squeeze after hitting your set. Try these two ways, which may add a little size to your chest.
2. Not Lifting Enough Weight
Remember, here I didn’t say that you are not lifting heavy weight, rather I mean not lifting enough weight. Most people in the gyms, specially the beginners afraid to push their limits. They afraid that if they’ll fail, people will laugh at them.
Never get afraid of
3. Over Training
The biggest mistake people do when it comes to building muscles is that they train more. Most people prefer quantity over quality workout. In muscle building, training more is not the key to success but it is the key to failure.
If you overtrain your muscles, then in your old age you may have to face lots of bone & health issues. Overtraining means, performing the exercise of the same body part more than 45 mins in the gym. Training, again and again, your favorite muscle group won’t give you more size and attractive look. So, just please stop overtraining in the gym. Start focusing on quality workout rather than on quantity workout.
Why you need bigger chest size?
Before you start to gain more chest size, you need to clearly define your why? Remember strength is not only the key to gain more muscle mass. More Size require your proper goal setting plan, your mind to muscle connection. There is no shortcut to success, you have to put in work daily.
My advice is to take a break and again plan all of your fitness & health goals clearly. Ask yourself following questions:
- Why do I need to build bigger chest?
- Am I ready to put in work to get bigger chest size?
- How I’ll look like when I’ll achieve my goals?
- Am I ready to change my diet plan?
- Once I achieve my goals, how will I help someone else to achieve their goals?
Best Ways to Increase Chest Size Fast
Some General Tips to Gain More Chest Size
1. Set Realistic Goals
We all know that setting goals or dreams are important but more important thing is to make sure to set realistic and achievable goals. Your goal may say that gaining one or two kilogram of mass every month.
2.Proper Rest or Sleep
Give rest to your body as well as to your mind. In gym mind and body works equally. You need to make sure that you are sleeping more than 6 hours a day. More sleep means increase in testosterone which ultimately helps you to gain more size fast.
3. Perfect Nutrition
When it comes to recovery, your diet or nutrition will help you to provide enough energy to workout next day. Your chest size won’t increase if you are not eating more. You need to be in caloric surplus to gain more muscle mass.
4. Train Hard
Hard training will also boost your testosterone and strength. Make sure to not to train your chest more than twice a week. By the way once a week is just enough to build bigger chest.
5. Patience is Key
Patience will help you stay motivated and never miss your chest day. Not only in muscle building but also in life, patience will help you to push your limits every single day. Commit today to be patient and to stay committed to your life and health.
Best Exercises to Increase Chest Size
Here are scientifically proven exercises for chest. These exercises will help you gain more chest muscles and strength. Following chest programme is designed to hit all of three parts of your chest. Add the following exercises with your current program and I promise you’ll see amazing results within a week or two.
1. Incline Dumbbell Press
This exercise will help you to train your upper chest. Try to use dumbbells instead of your regular bench press bar. Dumbbells will help you to maintain a balance or you can say symmetry.
How to perform Incline dumbbell press:
- Pick up your medium weight dumbbells.
- Lay on the bench and make sure your bench is 45-degree in angle.
- As you lay down, push your chest up and out.
- Lower your dumbbells by stretching your elbow.
- After finishing your set, stretch and squeeze your chest a little.
Weight: Increase your weight in every single set.
2. Flat Bench Press
In this exercise you can go for bench press bar. This will target your middle chest. Believe me if you perform this exercise as suggested then it’ll will give you a great pump.
How to perform:
- Set a medium-heavy weight on barbell.
- Lay down on flat bench, which is of 90-degree to the floor.
- Make an arch in your back and push your chest outward.
- Grab a bar with tight grip.
- Lower the bar as slow as possible and push up with your normal speed.
Weight: No increment in weight.
3. Weighted Dips
Weighted dips are the best exercise which targets your lower chest. Lower chest starts below your nipple. This exercise helps you to have a definition in lower part of your chest, which will make you look shredded. If your shoulders not allow you to lift weight then please go with your bodyweight or just avoid performing this exercise, instead go with decline bench press.
How to perform this exercise:
- Grab a parallel bar with tight grip.
- Fold your legs and put your chest up.
- Lower your body by bending forward.
- Go down slowly until your elbow reaches shoulder.
- Lock your elbow to the top.
Weight: Increase weight in every set.
4. Chest Butterfly
Again, this is among the best exercises when it comes to increase your chest size instantly. This will target your upper as well as your middle chest at same time. To make this exercise a little more challenging, try to hold the bar in front of you for three seconds or more.
How to perform:
- Sit on machine with your back and neck straight.
- Hold the handles and make sure your hands are parallel to the floor.
- Push the handles slowly together and squeeze your chest in the middle.
- Pause for minimum two seconds and then release the contraction.
- Tip: Focus on your breath while performing the chest butterfly.
Weight: Increment In every set.
5. Dumbbell Pull Over
This exercise is designed to target all three heads of your chest. This is the best exercise to finish off your workout. It will help you to pump the blood in your chest muscles, which ultimately leads to bigger chest size.
How to perform Pull Over:
- Place your dumbbell on flat bench.
- Lay down on flat bench and make sure to hold the dumbbell with both hands.
- Always make sure that your dumbbell is tight and secure (never use any lose dumbbell for this exercise).
- Keep your arm straight and lower the dumbbell while feeling the stretch in your chest.
- Hold the in starting position for a second or two then repeat the motion.
Weight: Increase the weight in every set.
- Increase your chest size fast.
- There are three parts of chest.
- Upper, Lower, middle chest.
- Mistake of lack of blood flow in muscles.
- Mistake of not lifting enough weight.
- Mistake of over training.
- Clearly define your goals and fitness dreams.
- Some general tips to increase chest size.
- Best exercises to build bigger chest.